Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter winter and more winter


Hey Hey,
We have reached the long dark winter of the soul. The festivities are all past, cold and snow stretch out before us. Being from the island, one tends to feel that by the end of January, it should start to warm up. That does not happen until the end of April out here, but when it does, it's like a fireworks display of life. I do kind of like the cold and snow though, as long as you are dressed for it. My new MEC fleece and headgear have been helping out with that.
Our volleyball has started up again, no injuries so far. I ripped my calf muscle last year. I have noticed a general out of shapeness in the physical areas. Niki made me a scrapbook for Christmas and some of the picture were from just after tree planting, and I have noticed that a wee bit of mass might have been added since then. It spurred me to get a gym membership. Now I am not always the best at persistence when it comes to the gym, but I have a new weapon. I don't like using hot water at home, so I only shower at the gym. I paid for the membership, I might as well use their hot water! The cheap menno strikes again. So far so good, been going regularly and have only showered, at home, once this month:) Don't think I am just not showering either, I don't think the wife would let that slide.
Good news, it looks like we have two renters for our basement suite. It should be an interesting experience.
Another good note is that my friend Steve has moved to Calgary and will be joined shortly by his wife Kimasia and daughter. Niki and I are looking forward to being able to visit them.
Until Next tuesday, cheers,
Scott

No comments: