Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Construction and mothers day.

It's been a good start to May. I think Niki and I have an addiction, fortunately our friends enable us. We just can't stop playing Settlers of Catan. I've been playing since I was introduced to it around 1999. At the moment it seems like we have a queen of Catan. Shelly has won twice in a row, and her reign of terror is, well, terrifying.
Her thirst for power is overwhelming, I think Poland should probably alert their military. I must rally our forces to dethrone this dark queen.
On Saturday I was awoken bright and early, around 9:30, with dad at our deck door. The crawler was unloaded, drill at the ready, and dad was just waiting for me. We spent the next ten hours getting some fence posts in the ground. We ripped out the bushes on the side of the house, the hedges along our front walk. It was kind of fun to be out in the sun, trying to improve the house. Pouring concrete by hand is not actually that bad. It's a lot cheaper than ordering it. Always make sure you have a wheelbarrow though. If you're dad is helping you, it's good to have coffee and doughnuts around too. Fresh doughnuts form your neighbourhood bakery is best. We were able to get all seven posts in, and now just need to figure what to put between them. It's sure is great having the BBQ sitting on the deck now, I was able to whip off some chicken breasts for dinner.
Mothers day was a lot of fun, big family shin dig out at my parents place. There was good food, lots of people, tractor driving, quad riding, and I even got a little game of catch in. It was a lot of fun, looking forward to getting out there some more this summer.
I put some grass seed down on all the dirt yesterday, so I am hoping it rains today. Seeding the lawn by hand is fun, the fact you can throw down these little seeds and then something grows is so cool! I will try to take a picture every day, I'll post them once the grass is up. It should look pretty neat. Well, that's the major highlights from the last week. This ones looking pretty busy too. Summer in Edmonton, no time to stop, you never know when it's going to snow again.
Cheers

No comments: