Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Birthday week and concerts

We just finished Niki's birthday week. I think it was lots of fun and am pretty sure Niki enjoyed marking another year down. We had a nice big party at my parents. Her family and myself got her an iphone. We saw Rose Cousins and Amelia Curran. Subway even decided to give out free breakfasts in honour of Niki. The BNL show with Joel Plaskett was great, thank you Angela for taking us. Mat Andersen can do amazing things with a guitar. If you're a blues fan, go see him! Of course there were also a few meals out with friends, so the need to exercise is feeling more pressing. Especially because we partook of DQ's buy a Blizzard and get a second one for 0.25c multiple times.
Everyone should go check out all the Canadian music artists that are touring right now. The Rose Cousins show was inexpensive and well worth it. There is so much good stuff out there, watch your local music scene. Lots of nice small shows of all genres. Check out the artists pages I linked. They are all a good night out, and you don't have to break the bank.
On the personal side, there is a clinic that opened up near our house, so I've finally found a family doctor. I don't know if anyone else has gone a good decade without a family doctor, but I don't recommend it. Apparently I am healthy, which is good, but I'm getting blood work done. I feel like a car that's been sent to the mechanics for work after sitting for too long.
Cheers,
Scott

3 comments:

Jeff Richards said...

uh oh I don't have a family doctor either!! Although I've made a couple trips to the walk in clinic a couple times. Do those guys count?

Thanks for the tip on the Rose Cousins (both Niki, via email, and you now, via blog :) ) show I'm going to see what I can do about taking Joanna. Always nerve wracking asking for a date... just kidding, I'm pretty sure she would love to go.

Scott said...

I think Walk in Clinic counts, it's just nice to have someone who can start a medical history on you.

Totally go see Rose, she plays this Friday in Victoria. Ask her to play her song "Edmonton", as she did not play it out here:) Oh, and if she asks for someone to be an egg shaker, volunteer! Niki and I are still regretting one of us did not jump up. The venue was nice and tiny though.
I hope she says yes to a date, I mean, you did get her to say a much bigger 'yes' :)

Christine said...

Happy belated birthday Niki!!

The real question is... do you have a dentist? I got Hovan to go the dentist a month ago or so and it ended up he needed all this work done... poor guy, so he's been coming home once a week for the past few weeks not able to speak properly because his whole mouth was frozen. Hovan does not like the dentist but his teeth are now all white instead of metal and his teeth are all healty! (Also, thank goodness for medical plans!) :)