Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Time Visits and Fun

As of June 30, 2010, Niki and I have been married for three years. It's been pretty awesome, and I can't believe our wedding was only three years ago. It feels like forever! In a good way of course :)
Niki's parents, Laurie and Brian, were out for a visit to help celebrate. They brought the puppies, which was great. I really miss having a little spaniel around now. Such cute dogs. We really enjoyed the visit, and wish Victoria was closer. One of the bonuses of guests is checking out what Edmonton has to offer. We went to Telus World of Science, Canada Day Fireworks, Farmers Market and the Freewill Shakespeare Festival. Brian also dug us a beautiful little flower bed, and Laurie painted the fence. Last time they were here Niki had them working in the basement, but she decided to go easy on them this time.
My dad recently had a birthday, which Alley Kat kindly celebrated by choosing to release their anniversary ginger beer. We also check out a Capitals game, which the good guys won.
Ok Go came to town, it was a good concert. I just wish they did not have to always start so much later than the doors opened. I'm getting too old to wait that long.
I love the window shaking thunder storms we sometimes get. It's been awhile, but one rolled through the end of June. It was also the day Niki chose to bike home from work. So proud of her.
Cheers,
Scott

5 comments:

Jeff Richards said...

Happy Anniversaire!! Looks like a great summer so far!

Jeff Richards said...

PS I've never seen wiener dog races, but I have a feeling that I wouldn't be able to stop laughing...

Scott said...

We'll have to take you if you come out when they're having them :)

Christine said...

Oh, I miss Alberta thunderstorms! (I was born in Alberta... in St. Albert actually).

Scott said...

Really? We're going to the Farmers Market in St Albert this weekend. You should come with!