Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Turning 60

My dad turned 60 on July 8. It's a weird milestone. I seem to remember my grandparents being a lot older when I was young. Their actual age was not much greater than his is now. I think I am going to inform my father he is no longer allowed to age.

We celebrated his birthday by going to a local baseball game. It was rained out, which was OK. We get to go to another game for no cost. The actual party was on Sunday. It was fairly low key, but loads of fun. As per usual, we shot up pretty much everything in sight. Along with the clay pigeon shooting, we hit some golf balls, played five hundred up baseball style, and generally laughed a lot. One of my elder brothers and family came out from Sask.:) Pretty sure my dad had a good day, great parties are always welcome.

Summer is not even half over and Niki and I are already feeling worn out. We're trying to get as much work done this week as we can, this Friday we start our two week road trip.


I got my birthday present early, a new camera. The pictures I upload should have a little better quality from now on.



I hope everyone else took advantage of July 11, and got their free Slurpee.
Cheers,
Scott



1 comment:

Niki said...

Mmmm.... free slurpee...