Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Wedding Trip

I think we're going to be away for more of July than we're actually going to be home. Last Tuesday Niki and I flew off to Victoria. It was a great trip.

Canada Day was spent in Victoria. I had a good visit time with Hovan and Christine. Took in a little relaxation at Langford Lake. Niki's parents, Niki, myself, Lindsay and Chris capped the day off with the Fireworks in the inner Harbour.

Thursday morning I had breakfast and a good visit with my friend Julia. We use to meet at the Blue Fox for breakfast, so we try and keep the tradition going when I am in town. After that Niki and I headed up Island. Stopped in at Brentwood College to see Ciara and to a lesser extent her parents. It was great to arrive in Campbell River. We stayed with Ben and Kirsten for the majority of the trip. Finally saw their new addition and I got to hang out with my godson. He's awesome. I highly recommend staying with any Lanyon family, they are the best hosts.

The wedding on Saturday was beautiful and the weather was hot, luckily we had some fresh water near by to keep cool. Hovan and I created a little game. The only real rules are; don't move too fast, and stay in the shade.



Niki and I did not embarrass ourselves during the reception, we were the masters of ceremony, and finished the night off dancing. I even got to swing dance with my old friend Andrea. It was a great time, thank you Dean & Kate!
Dean and Kate are also awesome.

I am tempted to write a list of the awesomeness and the people it is contained it, let me just say it was in abundance this weekend.
It's good to be back in our own beds, and we are heading back to the coast again in a fortnight. We're hoping to see everyone we can.
Cheers,

Scott
Post Script - Niki and I had our two year wedding anniversary on June 30th















No comments: