Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Epic

Today is our two year wedding anniversary. Two years ago. Best. Wedding. Ever.
Niki and I are leaving this evening for a Saturday wedding near Campbell River. We are MCing, so hopefully that goes well.
I had a pretty epic weekend.
Thursday Niki and I got a tour of a local radio station, Sonic. It was very cool. I am a huge fan of radio, and it was neat to see how it all works. They even gave us free T-shirts!! The tour was made possible because I wore my, 'I'm that guy' shirt to the gym. Local DJ Layne Mitchel recognized it from Vic, started up a conversation, and invited us for a tour. Huge thanks to him for that!
From there I bombed on down to Calgary to pick up my good friend Steve. We then proceeded the trek to Vancouver. Drove through the night and all that. Loads of Fun.
Friday we arrived at the Fox Condo, helped get things going while Matt put in a morning at work. Then proceeded to Denman Island for the Stag. It was an amazing house we stayed at. Right on the water, huge windows, a view of the mountain we biked up and down. Matt organized it all. He is a great Stag planner. I would highly recommend him as a groomsman on that alone. Outside of being an all around great guy.
Saturday involved a five hour bike ride on Hornby Island. I'm still amazed I was upright and moving for the whole thing. Being an extreme ametuer mountain biker, I would still say it was a load of fun.
Jeff cooked up a feast for us that evening. It was delicious, even more from the ravious hunger from the ride. Poker was on tab after that, with Hovan ending up with the victory. We all forgot, never bet against an Armenian/Mennonite when money is on the line! Due to extreme bone weariness, a star wars puzzle the project for those who slowly got muscled out of the poker table.
It was a great time, lots of laughs.
Bright and early Sunday morning Steve and I made the long trip back to Alberta. It was a nineteen hour trip for me, seventeen for Steve. Two Ferries, three different vehicles and a couple of lead feet.
It was a good to be home and see my lovely wife. Knowing I would be back again to see everyone helped with the taking off early. Which brings me up to tonight, where we hit the road again.
Oh, Ryan and I saw Transformers last night. If you want a drama, good acting, maybe Oscar contention, don't go see it. If you want male oriented female dress codes, lots of Action, jeuvanile comedy, and Robots blowing sh*t up, go see it! All the negative people I heard talking about the movie seemed to forget, it's Transformers! I liked it, jeuvanile can be fun sometimes. First one was still better though.
Cheers,
Scott
PS Don't have time to proof read or edit, apologies for any bad grammar.





1 comment:

Megan said...

sounds like busy fun! happy anniversary and have a great trip!