Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trips, Birthdays and Bachin It.

I love June! It was light after ten last night. So warm and lazy, you never want to sleep.
Niki and I enjoyed meeting our friends in Hawrelak park last Friday for some wiener roasting and Bocce ball. I was clearly dominating until Ryan destroyed us all. Aaron developed some new throwing techniques, which, unfortunately, did not serve him well. Though Aaron did start the fire without using any matches, or a lighter!

Saturday morning my lovely wife was whisked away by Westjet to Victoria. Brian turned 60 on Sunday, and from Niki's pictures it seems like they all had a great time. Too good of a time from some of the pics. I was a little sad I couldn't go. It's good having her back, she flew in late last night.


Taking advantage of her absence, I drove down to the MCC relief fair happening in Didsbury last Saturday. I ate pie. Borscht was also consumed and brought home. Aaron and Shelley accompanied me for the trip, which made it awesome. One of the items during the auction was a John Deere Model D, along with a whole whack of quilts. It was pretty fun, though I don't think cake should go for over $300. Not even chocolate cake.

Sunday I just puttered around, went to see The Hangover with my brother, and generally bached it up.

Some Tobacco was planted in the back yard today, and when Niki arrives home from work we're off to the library. I should probably go get dinner ready. It's super dry out here, so I hope the thunder storm that's suppose to be around opens up on our walk.
Cheers,
Scott

No comments: