Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Star Trekking across the Universe

It has been a fun week. Niki and I have successfully recovered from our road trip. It took a few days, but I think my brain is functioning again.
I finally got around to seeing the new Star Trek movie. I really like science fiction. Overall there is always that theme of hope, with the assumption we will survive as a species into the future. The movie was good, I would agree that it was nothing new. Humans seem to love the familiar, and this movie was no exception. My friend Ryan joined me on the jaunt to the Theatre, as both our wives were at their book club. I enjoy hanging out with Ryan. If I can get him talking about his studies, I always learn something new. I need to start writing things down though, as I can feel thoughts fading into the fog. People probably don't like getting asked the same questions over and over again.
Saturday was another trip to the Theatres with my brother Ryan, Niki, her friend Steph and myself. We all went to see 'Up' in 3d!! It was really cute, and I think Dug made Niki want a dog even more.
Sunday was a trip to the races, our first time this summer. It was a fun time hosted by Niki's employer. She ended the day up about $0.80, and I ended the day in the hole. It's a good time, even if you choose not to bet, watching the horses and guessing who would win is a exciting.
Cheers,
Scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new Star Trek! I enjoyed it a ton. Nothing like a little bit of time travel to restart the franchise.

I was really hoping for some cheesy enterprise fly off scene at the beginning a la Season 1 of the TV series... But... no dice.