Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bunsen

It's been almost a month since I brought home our new addition. If you are not aware, Niki and I got a puppy, an American Cocker Spaniel by the name of Bunsen. I picked him up three weeks ago from Victoria, where he was hanging out with the in-laws and his sister. As a side bonus, I was able to combine the trip into a hang out time with some of my greatest friends.

Bunsen is pretty adorable, a little stubborn, and likes to bite. The first night here I think he was a little sad, as he had been with his sister Pippin up until that point. The valet parking service at the Edmonton Airport really screwed things up, so it took me over four hours from landing to getting home. He handled it very well, and luckily traveling with a puppy makes everyone treat you well. The little guy is a lot of work, and requires vast amounts of attention. The first week here temperatures were around -30, so that made the house training difficult, but it has warmed up, and Bunsen seems to be getting it. We have a little bell system set up, and he's finally ringing the bells every time he needs to go out. Up until a couple of days ago, I was just taking him outside every hour, ringing the bell as I opened the door.
He seems to view Niki as a giant chew toy, so that's the next problem to work on. People say puppies are a lot of work, and that's a huge understatement. I am looking forward to him being full grown, not needing constant supervision, and out of the chewing stage.
I wish I had more pictures. We have taken a lot, but he's blurry in most of them. Wiggle wiggle wiggle.
Cheers,
Scott

1 comment:

zip said...

you think puppies are a lot of work... wait til you have kids and their 'puppyhood' lasts MUCH longer
he is a cutie though - the toilet chase really cracked me up