Friday, November 20, 2009

Dumptrucks and Skating

The title of this post pretty much sums the highlights of the last week and a bit. Outside of the pie of course, thanks for all the suggestions.

I drove a dump truck for the first time. Neufeld Excavating had a job digging a basement, and Dad needed someone to haul the roughly 18 loads of dirt/concrete. I was a little bit nervous. I am already a bit paranoid about breaking vehicles, and when the dump box is fully up I always think the truck is gonna tip. Needless to say it was a breeze.
I know, being thirty and growing up on a farm, I should have done this long ago. It just never happened and I finally did it.




The weather has been really finicky out here, warming up, then cooling down. We managed to get a quick skate in last Sunday night. I think we are the first to skate on an outdoor pond in the greater Edmonton area. There was plenty of cool ice noises, as it shifted around, and the sunset was beautiful too. Keep that in mind if you ever decide to visit in the winter, bring your skates!!
Cheers,
Scott





2 comments:

Jeff Richards said...

No snow! But that picture of Niki makes it look like a pretty cold day. brrr...

Scott said...

Nice timing with the comment, I just woke up to a snowy landscape.