Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Big Party

     The party never stops in Alberta. This weekend Mike turned forty, and on the 10th his wife Angela did not turn 40. My dad and I spent the previous week getting the shop ready for it, and it was well worth it. It started with Mike&Ang taking everyone out for Chinese food. After dinner, it was off to the shop for some laughter, dancing and a small amount of beverages.
It was a very good time, Niki and I did not get home until 3am. One of the coolest aspects of the party was that there were four generations of my family. My 93 year grandfather down to his great grandchildren.
The good times started again at brunch the next day and continued until Sunday night. I'm still feeling a little sore, and am looking forward to a quite week.
Niki took a lot of pictures, but most of them did not turn out, due to the lighting and the disco ball made it look like there was dust in the air. I have uploaded a few pictures to the Picasa. I got the "Dead Chicken" sketch Darryl and I did uploaded. We did not have time to memorize our lines, and in case anyone is wondering, Darryl is doing the Hutterite accent.
Cheers,
Scott





3 comments:

lindsay said...

I think the main thing we're all wondering is, was it a hoedown or a hootenanny?

Sounds like a super fun weekend!

Scott said...

More of a hootenanny than a hoedown. I think you need haybales for a hoedown.

Angela said...

This was the best birthday party EVER (In the Busytown sense!) Thanks so much for all you and Niki did to get ready for that. We'll have some fantastic memories forever now!