Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fun and Games

I know I missed last Tuesday, but i don't think anyone noticed.
It's been a good last two weeks. My brother Ryan took me to an Oilers game, which was legendary. The Oilers won, there were some good fights, and beer was had by all. A guy behind us even bought me a beer, because his girlfriend accidentally spilled some on my coat. I think that was a great trade, especially considering how much a beer costs at Rexall Place.
Niki, Aaron and myself attended a debate between PZ Myers and Kirk Durston. It was debate on "Does God exist." I personally think that's way too broad of a subject, and it showed. It was interesting, though I think it was a weird match. Usually you want people to debate who are in the same fields of study. I don't know if Mr Durtson has a blog, but here is what Mr Myers thought of the debate. I am starting to agree with a friend of mine that debates of this nature are 'missing the point', but that's an idea not for this blog.
My parents are back from Mexico, they had a nice vacation, and Ryan and Dad are off to Africa tomorrow. It's crazy, I would never have guessed my Dad would go to Africa, but it's cool. I hope they have a good time and don't work too hard. Their safe return would also be awesome.
One of the reasons I did not get around to the blog last Tuesday, is I went out for wings, beer and serious thinking with Rob Stobbe. Looks like we might do round two tonight. It's a good thing I have been consistently going to the gym. Anyone able to spot the subtle Simpsons referance in the previous bit?
Speaking of Simpsons, I can't stop laughing at this quote. It just makes me laugh uncontrollably.

1 comment:

Matthew Fox said...

RE: no blog entry last week

I noticed! Love to hear about the debate. Perhaps a topic for the next 'Scott's Thoughts'