Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hockey and Games

It was a fun week around Edmonton, outside of getting whupped in Volleyball on Wednesday night. Our friends Pam and Ryan took us to an Oilers game. The picture of the face-off gives you and idea of how close we were. They were fantastic seats. The Oilers lost, as hockey goes, they played poorly, and the reffing did not help them. The company more than made up for that. I think I want to watch all future hockey games with Ryan, or at least so I can hear him. I am a lazy hockey fan, only really caring if a Canadian team makes it to the finals. Ryan likes to do a running commentary during the game, which makes me seem smart by agreeing with whatever he says. It also helps me understand the nuances of the game little better.
Friday night we enjoyed the hospitality of Rob and Megan. Their son David is always a fun visit, and once he was down for the night we played a little Rook. I don't remember who won, I do remember the winner was AWESOME, but it was a fun time. We also borrowed a book, that is a collection of articles that Megan helped write, about Mental disorders and it's treatment. Very interesting stuff.
Saturday and Sunday we enjoyed a visit from the Micheal, Angela and Patrick. Lots a guitar hero was played, and that awesome person who had won at rook also pulled off a Settlers of Catan victory. As well, Niki and I got a 'new to us' stove, from Mike and Ang. It's all shiny and black. I think it will make good pies!
That's about it for the last week. Today is the first Tuesday of the month, which means it's %15 off at Save-on-Foods. Niki makes me a list, then I spend Tuesday morning shopping. We save about $100 bucks a month, which makes the Mennonite in me all warm and cozy.
Cheers,
Scott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I challenge some one who is AWESOME to both a game of rook and settlers upon our next meeting. :) As my own recent luck has made me think that defeating AWESOME is well within reach, a goal worth pursuing.

Bob said...

I can guarantee that the awesome person, who is also very smart, will accept your challenge!
Mr Richards, you and your wife need to come visit!