Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time of year

It's been a slow week. Niki went curling on the weekend, and I saw Watchmen with my brother Ryan. Oh, and the Allies lost World War II. I know this will come as a shock. I tried my best, but I could not contain the Axis. They were led by Aaron, and I want a rematch:) I was tempted to report that I won, because, how would you know. My honesty won out, and Aaron might read this.
It's been really cold out here, and snowy. I very much dislike March/April in Alberta. It's cold, then warm, then cold again. The roads get all crappy because of the temperature change, and everything is really dirty. The only upside is that it means my favourite time of year is coming.
June is my favourite month. The days are super long, the bugs are not out yet, and the weather is just awesome. There are thunder and lightning storms, it's warm, and the festival season is starting to roll. Edmonton has a lot of festivals, including the largest fringe festival in North America. There is this crazy feeling here, like we all have to get everything done we can, before the snow arrives again. Then Fall hits, which is also amazing. The leaves all turn vibrant colours and the bugs all die. I love Autumn, even though it means winter is just about here again. I just have to survive this month and a half. I realized I have written written almost this exact thing in my first post. I just really love summer and fall out here.
What's your favourite time of year, or season, and why?
Cheers,
Scott
PS The picture is from the Edmonton Folk Fest, 2006. I believe Feist was on stage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a fall guy. I like the fact that the days are still pretty long and the harvest is upon us. Good food is all around, and the heat... well it isn't too hot...which suits me quite nicely.